Letter: Wartime tales of mud and sex
Sunday 24 May 1998
Land girls were denied official recognition afforded to other services. I made two documentary films about them and manywere delighted to be focused upon at last, and grateful for a book that gives an accurate picture of their experiences. Far from wishing to titillate, I like to think I have done them some service.
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned
£20 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Software Develop...
£18000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This organization is the larges...
£16000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: High quality, dedicated Delegat...
£25000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has ari...