Letter: When will the Government act to put more light in our lives?
Sunday 02 November 1997
Also, although the clocks change eight weeks before midwinter, it takes about 13 weeks to put the clocks forward and make better use of daylight again. Surely there is a case for putting the clocks forward five weeks before we actually do, to balance the weeks either side of midwinter spent with darker nights.
If there really is a need to change the clocks, perhaps a shorter period of four or five weeks either side of mid-winter would be adequate.
Angus Brendan MacNeil
Isle of Mull, Argyll
Life & Style blogs
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Can SkySaga capture the Minecraft magic?
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: SThree are seeking Associate Recruitm...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Comission: SThree: SThree, International Recruitme...
£35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With more than half the world's populati...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: HR Advisor - CIPD - Buxton A highly...