Saturday 05 June 1999
HOME OWNERS wanting to keep a permanent record of their property will fall for The House History Book, a leather-bound tome in which all records about a home can be written down and kept. The book allows people to detail the history of their houses - for example, who lived there and what if any changes were made to the property. In the event of a move, it can then be left for the home's new owners to add their own observations.
The book also contains a separate wallet for warranties, guarantees and other technical information. It is available, price pounds 29.99 (inc p&p) from: Anton House Publishing, The Green, Thorpe Market, Norfolk, NR11 8TL. (01263 833494).
INVESTEC GUINNESS Flight, the fund management firm, is offering a 1 per cent discount off the typical 5 per cent initial charge on its five- strong smaller companies fund range. These include funds in the US, Europe, Japan and Asia. Minimum investment pounds 2,000. Call 0171-597 1800.
Life & Style blogs
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Doctors are allowed to have personal beliefs, just as long as these beliefs do not interfere with th...
Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
Living with Google Glass: what are they actually like to wear?
Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (£399) and release date (30 November) been leaked by online retailer Zavvi?
The 10 Best road-trip gadgets
Splint made by 3D printer used to save baby’s life
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.