Saturday 27 November 1999
EPO says the complete issue process, from publication of a prospectus to registration and then distribution of shares, will be carried out online, creating a new form of Electronic Public Offering - the "EPO".
This will enable customers with hundreds rather than thousands of pounds to take advantage of the IPO market, a sector dominated until now by giant institutions. EPO.com also claims that doing everything over the net will cut costs and be faster than traditional methods and enable small hi-tech start-ups to tap the captital markets without using an investment bank.
The EPO.com weekly newsletter which is researched and written in London, offers details on imminent IPOs. It is available free on www.epo.com. The company plans to carry out the first ever EPO in the UK early next year.
EPO.com was launched in Sweden in September 1998 by EPOS Capital AB, based in Stockholm. The company has 12,500 retail investors on its database.
Life & Style blogs
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
£25k + commission + benefits: Savvy Media Ltd: Find a job you love and never h...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CORPORATE - Corporate Solicitor NQ+ An excelle...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...