Lunch break buy What's in the bag?
Wednesday 25 February 1998
Perpetrator: Lisa Lipscomb, 26
Location: Diesel, Neal Street, London WC2
Crime: Buying a blue Diesel logo jumper for pounds 89.99.
Why: "This is a gift for my best friend - her birthday was a week ago and I forgot it. I've never forgotten it before in all the years we've known each other and luckily, she was really cool about it, but to make up for it I've bought this jumper. She actually saw it at the weekend while we were out shopping together, but they didn't have her size in stock and she was really disappointed. So I decided to sneak back today and luckily they've now got her size in, so she will be really pleased with me."
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber reach almost £154,000 on eBay
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...