Lyric Sheets: Bob Dylan Revisited:
Friday 03 October 1997
Performing for The Pope
Is this the rhinestone cow-goy
Abandon ye all hope
If Dylan fans harass you
Then this is what to say:
And then they go away
The long ago converted
The legions of the flared
The prematurely bearded
The cryptic curly-haired
The Isle of Wight internees
To whom the songs make sense
Those pre-patched denim spirits
Who never left their tents
"How can you not like Dylan?
- A song like `Mighty Quinn' "
"Cos Manfred Mann was better"
You tell them with a grin
"And Donovan was sharper"
You cite as further proof
Now stand well back and watch as
The sucker hits the roof
Life & Style blogs
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...