Lyric Sheets: Bob Dylan Revisited:
Friday 03 October 1997
Performing for The Pope
Is this the rhinestone cow-goy
Abandon ye all hope
If Dylan fans harass you
Then this is what to say:
And then they go away
The long ago converted
The legions of the flared
The prematurely bearded
The cryptic curly-haired
The Isle of Wight internees
To whom the songs make sense
Those pre-patched denim spirits
Who never left their tents
"How can you not like Dylan?
- A song like `Mighty Quinn' "
"Cos Manfred Mann was better"
You tell them with a grin
"And Donovan was sharper"
You cite as further proof
Now stand well back and watch as
The sucker hits the roof
Life & Style blogs
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
- 3 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...