Make sure you...
Tuesday 13 January 1998
know ... your Barry Manilow back catalogue. The olfactively gifted crooner is setting off on a UK tour, and his playlist each night is in part being left up to you, the audience. This being the Nineties, what sounds like an old-fashioned request show is, of course, being being billed as "interactive". Tonight and tomorrow, Birmingham NEC, Bournemouth BIC (16-17), Cardiff International Arena (19-20), Wembley Arena (22-24), 26 Glasgow SECC (26), Newcastle Arena (27), Manchester Nynex (31) (0121 780 4133)
succumb ... to the masculine charms of ballerinas Pichka Melba, Ida Nevasayneva and company. For over 20 years, Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo have been proving that the rather chunky thighs of its 14-man company are more than a match for the most delicate of bourrees. Both comic and extremely skilled, the Trocks will be tip-toeing through various classical ballet and contemporary dance favourites. To 31 Jan, pounds 10-pounds 27.50 Peacock Theatre, Portugal Street, Kingsway, London WC2A (0171-314 8800)
Life & Style blogs
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...