More than just one simple answer
Wednesday 08 February 1995
I went on to state the reasons, which did not appear in the article. I said, firstly some couples found out that there was virtually no compatability between them and their partners, after going out for some time. Also media role models such as James Bond and Clint Eastwood give negative, stereotypical impressions to young men in regards to treatment of women. Also, I made reference to the fact that many young black men were unaware of the historical role women played in the development of society, and how their roles differed in various cultures.
As for my supposed support for the views advocated by two boys quoted in the piece - "Don't believe any guy who tells you he wants a strong independent woman. All men want women who will serve them and do exactly what they want. And don't believe any manwho tells you he loves you" - I categorically deny such unsavoury nonsense. I applaud strong positive womanhood. It is strong families that produce strong nations.
Life & Style blogs
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...