Book Review: The Shelsley Walsh Story: A Century of Motorsport, by Simon Taylor
Tuesday 26 July 2005
So it is at Shelsley, which has seen many of the world's leading drivers, such as Stirling Moss, Hans Stuck and Rudi Caracciola, enthral huge crowds along the daunting narrow course, and where the Worcestershire countryside has echoed to the sound of open exhausts for a century.
Researched by Simon Taylor, with the help of key members of the Midland Automobile Club, The Shelsley Walsh Story is a beautiful book, packed with archive photographs and complete records. For enthusiasts it is, like Shelsley itself, unmissable.
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...