Top 10 little-known sports cars from around the world
Tuesday 15 July 2008
1. Although with a Lotus heritage, the all enclosed and ultra light weight Donkervoort D8 GT roadster is a big beautiful step forward.
2. The striking Mastretta MTX and its plans for global dominance.
3. The Hulme - who would have ever thought that the world needs a Kiwi super car?
4. The planned Spanish supercar called the Tramontana with its BiTurbo V12 with up to 720hp and estimated top speed of 220mph
5. Husband and wife team of designers Guido and Shama Bothe have entertained the Bollywood set with India's first roadster the Mumbai built 1.8 620kg Chinkara. If anyone's brave enough to drive it on Indian roads that is, even with it's tractor like suspension.
6. The Birkin S3 roadster for a good £5000-cheaper-than-a-Caterham Springbok fun
7. The JVA 550 Porsche look-a-like which is all Latin underneath.
8. The ones that got away. Any car from the long defunct - and always about to be revived - Australian manufacturer Bolwell.
9 Czech mate - the striking Kaipan and conservative Gordon roadsters.
10 The ESTfield - ok it's another Lotus 7 a-like but is manufactured in Estonia on Lada mechanicals with any engine you want including a 5.8lt Chevy v8!
Life & Style blogs
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Group have been well ...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: Real Staffing Group is seeking Traine...
£120 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We have an exciting opportunity...
Competitive: Randstad Education Manchester: SEN Teacher urgently required for ...