Ford recalls 1.2 million pick-up trucks
Thursday 14 April 2011
Ford recalled 1.2 million F-150 vehicles on Thursday, after finding a problem with the pick-up truck's airbag system.
Ford said a wiring fault could cause the airbag warning lamp to turn on and the airbag to deploy.
"We urge all of our customers to seek service immediately for an airbag warning lamp that is illuminated."
Ford has marketed the best-selling F-150 as a tough and reliable choice for work and personal use.
The firm said it was not aware of any accidents caused by the fault.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration welcomed the move.
"We are pleased that Ford shares our commitment to safety and is taking action to protect consumers," it said in a statement.
Life & Style blogs
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...