French automaker unveils premium model ahead of Paris show
Monday 30 August 2010
Citroen has officially taken the wraps off its new DS4, a premium five-door model aimed at the family market.
The DS4 will be the second model in the upmarket DS line when it goes on show at the Paris Motor Show in October, with Citroen saying that the vehicle "combines sophistication and refinement with a dynamic coupé-like body."
Citroen's photos show a sporty exterior, with bulky wheel arches, a spoiler and a large panoramic windscreen, which the French manufacturer says offers up to 45 degrees of upward vision.
It will be available with five engine options, comprised of three petrol and two diesel engines, one of which will be offered as a "micro-hybrid" option which uses stop & start technology, an electronic gearbox system and an alternator that recovers energy during braking.
Inside, the DS4 will offer trunk space "similar in volume to that of many conventional saloons", as well as technology options that include a blind-spot monitoring system, cornering lights and an assistance system which makes emergency calls in the event of an accident.
After its unveiling in Paris, the DS4 is expected to go on sale in 2011, although pricing has not been announced.
Ford has also confirmed that it is to launch a performance version of the new Ford Focus at the Paris show, tipped by British Autocar magazine to be powered by a turbocharged engine producing around 250 bhp.
The Paris Motor Show runs in Paris October 2-17.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...