German new car sales pick up in December
Tuesday 04 January 2011
German new car sales picked up speed in December compared with sales in November, the automobile federation VDA said Tuesday, but slumped by 23 percent in 2010 as a whole.
A total of 230,400 new vehicles were registered in the biggest European car market in December, the first monthly increase since November 2009, a VDA statement said.
For the entire year, 2,916,300 new cars were registered, it added.
Auto exports gained 11 percent on the month to 324,400 vehicles and leapt by 24 percent on the year owing to strong demand in emerging markets such as China.
Overall production was 18 percent higher in December than in the previous month, at 413,500 units, but increased by a more modest 12 percent over the entire year to 5,551,400 vehicles.
Of that total, 4.2 million were shipped to foreign markets, VDA said.
Life & Style blogs
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader
- 1 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public can visit police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Vagina canoe artist facing two years in jail defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
- 5 The Queen’s speech 2014: Recap and Twitter reaction to Game of Thrones reference
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...
£70000 - £75000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager/Marketi...
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...