Goebbels' Mercedes on show in Budapest
Monday 25 October 2010
A 1938 Mercedes 320 that was built especially for Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels (1897-1945) was one of the highlights of Budapest's Oldtimer Show this weekend.
Thousands of classic car enthusiasts visited the three-day show, which ended Sunday, to see around 270 valuable vehicles, the oldest a French-made Panhard-Levassor dating from 1897, organisers said.
In addition to Western-made models, there was a Soviet-era ZISZ 110 that belonged to the Hungarian government and used to drive around visiting dignitaries, such as Soviet President Nikita Khrushchev (1894-1971) and cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin (1934-1968), its current owner Jeno Varga told AFP.
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
International Space Station could be fitted with huge lasers to shoot down space junk
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils its Doodle and Nessie Street View
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Parma, Missouri: 80 per cent of town's police quit after first black mayor is elected
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Google search history can now be downloaded in its entirety, mass embarrassment expected
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This award winning conference venues provider...
£12000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An expanding Insurance Brokerag...
£24000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Lancashire based engineeri...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion and growth of ...