Goebbels' Mercedes on show in Budapest
Monday 25 October 2010
A 1938 Mercedes 320 that was built especially for Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels (1897-1945) was one of the highlights of Budapest's Oldtimer Show this weekend.
Thousands of classic car enthusiasts visited the three-day show, which ended Sunday, to see around 270 valuable vehicles, the oldest a French-made Panhard-Levassor dating from 1897, organisers said.
In addition to Western-made models, there was a Soviet-era ZISZ 110 that belonged to the Hungarian government and used to drive around visiting dignitaries, such as Soviet President Nikita Khrushchev (1894-1971) and cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin (1934-1968), its current owner Jeno Varga told AFP.
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Life & Style blogs
Autumn Statement 2013: Car tax disc scrapped after 93 years
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
The 50 Best Christmas Gifts for Women
Flock star: A shepherd in the Lake District now has almost 20,000 Twitter followers
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
£23 - £30 per hour: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a c...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteers are needed to teach English to adu...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Associate Dire...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...