Honda showing puppy love with new pet-friendly Element
Wednesday 14 October 2009
Honda announced October 13 that they will begin selling a "dog friendly" version of their Honda Element as of November 16, 2009.
For an extra $995 (€670) Honda will include in the rear of their 2010 Honda Element a pet accommodation system dedicating to easing the transport of animals.
While the Element is available in Japan and elsewhere (although not Europe), the US Element is the only Honda vehicle currently offering this canine-targeted convenience, Honda confirmed to Relaxnews.
The car kennel prevents a pet from interfering with the driver by keeping it properly sequestered and aims to reduce injuries to furry friends in the event of a crash.
A ramp to ease entering and exiting, a soft floor, a spill-resistant water source and a dedicated fan are all part of the comforts that may make your pet wonder who is really the top dog in the vehicle.
The dog-friendly Element debuted at the New York Auto Show earlier this year.
Life & Style blogs
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End UI/U...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C#.NET ...