Land Rover concept named 'most significant' Frankfurt debut
The Land Rover DC100 concept has been judged the most significant model of the Frankfurt Motor Show.
The show, which opens September 15 and runs through September 25, has seen a host of new vehicles debut on the press days, including everything from new production models to wacky concepts and cool accessories.
With the media preview now over and the event set to open its doors to the public, CAR Magazine selected 15 models it believes are the most significant, describing the DC100 as 'the Defender urbanised, modernised and stylised for the 21st century.'
In second place was the hydrogen-powered Mercedes-Benz F125 concept, a super-futuristic model created to celebrate the company's 125th anniversary, which pushed the Volkswagen up! small car into third place.
The Frankfurt Motor Show runs through September 25 in Frankfurt, Germany.
The 15 most significant vehicles of the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show
Selected by Car Magazine
1. Land Rover DC100 concept
2. Mercedes F125 concept
3. Volkswagen up!
4. Skoda MissionL concept
5. Porsche 911
6. Jaguar C-X16 concept
7. Citroen DS5
8. Maserati Kubang concept
9/10. BMW i3 & i8 concepts
11. Ford Evos concept
12. Lancia Flavia Cabrio
13. Alfa Romeo 4C concept
14. Toyota FT-86 II
15. Vauxhall Rake (Opel One Euro) concept
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...