Alfa MiTo adopts MultiAir technology
Monday 15 March 2010
Alfa Romeo's MiTo is now available with engines fitted with the Fiat group's advanced MultiAir technology. MultiAir was first introduced a few months ago on the Fiat Punto.
MultiAir engines use electro-hydraulically controlled inlet valves; the main difference between this system and existing variable valve timing set-ups lies in the larger number of parameters - five - according to which MultiAir operates in order to optimise valve timing and lift according to conditions.
Alfa claims that in the case of its 1.4 litre FIRE turbocharged engine, MultiAir reduces CO2 emissions by over 10 per cent, increases power by 12.5 per cent and reduces fuel consumption by as much as 10 per cent.
Life & Style blogs
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
International Space Station could be fitted with huge lasers to shoot down space junk
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils its Doodle and Nessie Street View
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Parma, Missouri: 80 per cent of town's police quit after first black mayor is elected
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Google search history can now be downloaded in its entirety, mass embarrassment expected
£22000 - £25900 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Company is expanding and th...
£27000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Corporate Account Manager is ...
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This award winning conference venues provider...
£12000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An expanding Insurance Brokerag...