Cadillac expands CTS range
Thursday 04 March 2010
Cadillac introduced the new coupé version of its mid-range CTS to European customers at the Geneva Motor Show this week. The new car shares its wheelbase with the standard four-door saloon but has a lower roof-line and is slightly shorter overall; most of the bodywork is unique to the model. The coupé's standard engine is the 3.6-litre V6, which is the larger of the two options available on the saloon.
The company also showed the CTS estate at Geneva, as well as a 2011 version of the high-performance CTS-V. Although the likeable CTS is much more competitive with mainstream and even premium European models than past American cars, it has so far sold only in small numbers on this side of the Atlantic. The expansion of the range to include coupés and estates may prompt European buyers to take a second look, although there's still no sign of the diesel option that has sometimes been mentioned as a likely future development.
The CTS – usually considered a rival for cars such as the BMW 5-Series and Mercedes E-Class - is Cadillac's smallest model now that the Saab-based BLS is no longer on sale.
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...