James Bond supercar for sale - video
Wednesday 02 June 2010
A car that starred in two of super-spy James Bond's most famous adventures is expected to make around £3.5 million when it is sold at auction.
The 1964 Aston Martin DB5, which was driven by Sean Connery in Goldfinger and Thunderball, comes complete with gadgets including a bullet-proof shield and revolving number plates.
Its owner, American DJ Jerry Lee, bought the car for 12,000 US dollars in 1969 and hopes the sale will raise money for his charitable foundation.
He said: "The James Bond car has brought me much enjoyment for some 40 years.
"Even as I sell it and use the proceeds to fund the Jerry Lee Foundation, the car will continue to give me great pleasure as it furthers the mission of the foundation to do good around the world."
Mr Lee set up his foundation more than 10 years ago to support education and anti-crime projects around the world.
The car will be sold at auction in London on October 27.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£90 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Science Teacher (mater...
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for an ...
£22000 - £37000 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: A West Yorkshire School i...