Kia edges up some UK prices
Wednesday 31 March 2010
Kia is adjusting some of its prices upwards by three to four per cent with effect from the beginning of April. Some of the company's more recent models, the Sorento, the Venga and the Soul, are excluded from the rise, which the company is attributing to increased production and shipping costs, as well as currency movements. Kia's UK cars are produced either in the company's home market, Korea or at its new state-of-the-art plant at Zilina in Slovakia.
The starting price for the Sportage 4x4, which is soon to be replaced, had one of the bigger increases, from £15,210 to £15,995, establishing a higher base for pricing of the handsome next-generation version when that arrives in the UK.
On the other hand, the capable Kia cee'd 5-door will rise in price from £12,150 to a still keen £12,595; that means it will continue to be several thousand pounds cheaper than big-selling rivals such as the Vauxhall Astra and Ford Focus.
Life & Style blogs
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...