Kia edges up some UK prices
Wednesday 31 March 2010
Kia is adjusting some of its prices upwards by three to four per cent with effect from the beginning of April. Some of the company's more recent models, the Sorento, the Venga and the Soul, are excluded from the rise, which the company is attributing to increased production and shipping costs, as well as currency movements. Kia's UK cars are produced either in the company's home market, Korea or at its new state-of-the-art plant at Zilina in Slovakia.
The starting price for the Sportage 4x4, which is soon to be replaced, had one of the bigger increases, from £15,210 to £15,995, establishing a higher base for pricing of the handsome next-generation version when that arrives in the UK.
On the other hand, the capable Kia cee'd 5-door will rise in price from £12,150 to a still keen £12,595; that means it will continue to be several thousand pounds cheaper than big-selling rivals such as the Vauxhall Astra and Ford Focus.
Life & Style blogs
Britain's poor 'will die before they retire' if pension reforms aren't matched by health improvements
Wii U to beat Xbox One and PS4 at Christmas says Play.com,
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Ron Wayne: The Apple founder who missed out on a fortune
eBay XBox One scam: Dad pays £450 for a picture of the console
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...