Kia to launch new Magentis At New York
Tuesday 23 February 2010
Korean manufacturer Kia will show off its new Magentis for the first time at the New York International Auto Show in April. The choice of venue for the launch probably reflects the fact that company's medium-large saloon is more popular in North America than here in Europe.
First indications (see picture) are that the next Magentis will have a more striking design than the present bland, if competent, version, which has tended to be over-shadowed in the UK market by the success of Kia's smaller models such as the Picanto and the cee'd. The new car will be larger in every dimension than the old one; in particular, a longer wheelbase means that there will be more space for passengers.
While it's holding over the Magentis for New York, Kia's stand at next month's Geneva Motor Show will hardly be bereft of new models; besides a new version of the Sportage small SUV, there will also be the still-fresh Venga and second-generation Sorento.
Life & Style blogs
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...