Toyota launches another vehicle recall
The troubled Toyota motor company today announced yet another recall, with the latest involving 348 vehicles in the UK.
The company is recalling Land Cruiser Amazon models built between July 2002 and September 2006, due to a potential steering problem.
The company said there had been only two reported incidents in Europe and neither had resulted in an accident.
The possible problem has also led to the recall of a sister model - the LX 479 - which is not sold in the UK.
Toyota said it is also recalling the Toyota Avalon over another problem unrelated to the Land Cruiser Amazon difficulties. The Avalon is not sold in the UK and the recall mainly affects North America.
Over the past few months Toyota has had to recall millions of vehicles worldwide, including many thousand in the UK, over a series of problems.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...