Motoring: You'd be better waiting for the next one
Thursday 12 May 1994
The new car, the A6, is essentially a facelifted 100. The front end is smoother and the bumpers are body coloured. It looks for all the world like a little brother to the new A8, Audi's aluminium-bodied luxury car, touted by some specialist mags as 'the best car in the world'. The A8 comes here in September.
The A6 still makes do with a conventional (fully galvanised) steel body, and the engines are the carried-over collection of fours, fives, V6s and the turbodiesel.
No news on pricing yet, but given the relative unpopularity of the 100 (from pounds 17,970) in Britain (few regard it as a serious rival to the BMW 5 series), the A6 is unlikely to be much more expensive .
Life & Style blogs
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End UI/U...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C#.NET ...