Nissan releases European pricing details for LEAF EV
Monday 17 May 2010
Nissan has released European pricing details for its LEAF EV, with early comparisons suggesting that it will undercut Mitsubishi's competing i-MiEV both outside and inside Japan.
The LEAF will go on sale in four initial markets in Europe - the UK, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland and Portugal.
Reservations will begin for these four launch markets in July, but the automaker says that the LEAF will be available in every major Western European country by the end of 2011.
More than 9,500 consumers have already preordered the LEAF in the United States, where reservations opened on April 20.
The LEAF is considerably cheaper than the Mitsubishi iMiev in both the UK and Japanese markets, where pricing for both cars has now been announced.
In Japan (without incentives) the Mitsubishi i-MiEV retails at 3.98 million yen (€31,250) compared to 3.76 million yen (€29,500) for the Nissan LEAF.
In Britain (without incentives), the Mitsubishi i-MiEV retails at £38,699 (€43,594) compared to £28,350 (€33,353) for the Nissan LEAF.
Nissan LEAF pricing
• Price in UK is £23,350 (€27,471) after government incentives
• Price in the Netherlands is €32,839 (£28,068). Dutch buyers will benefit from €6,000 - €19,000 in tax savings over five years
• Price in Republic of Ireland is €29,995 (£25,637) after government incentives
• Price in Portugal is €29,955 (£25,603) after government incentives
Life & Style blogs
Bombsheller: The website that makes us all into top fashion designers
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Standing my ground: If sitting is bad for your health, what happens when you stay on your feet for a whole month?
The 10 Best kitchen knives
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 Secret Cinema interview: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
£30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly reputable software house is looking ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established professional services...
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - SENIOR COMMERCIAL LITIGATION SO...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...