Nissan releases European pricing details for LEAF EV
Monday 17 May 2010
Nissan has released European pricing details for its LEAF EV, with early comparisons suggesting that it will undercut Mitsubishi's competing i-MiEV both outside and inside Japan.
The LEAF will go on sale in four initial markets in Europe - the UK, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland and Portugal.
Reservations will begin for these four launch markets in July, but the automaker says that the LEAF will be available in every major Western European country by the end of 2011.
More than 9,500 consumers have already preordered the LEAF in the United States, where reservations opened on April 20.
The LEAF is considerably cheaper than the Mitsubishi iMiev in both the UK and Japanese markets, where pricing for both cars has now been announced.
In Japan (without incentives) the Mitsubishi i-MiEV retails at 3.98 million yen (€31,250) compared to 3.76 million yen (€29,500) for the Nissan LEAF.
In Britain (without incentives), the Mitsubishi i-MiEV retails at £38,699 (€43,594) compared to £28,350 (€33,353) for the Nissan LEAF.
Nissan LEAF pricing
• Price in UK is £23,350 (€27,471) after government incentives
• Price in the Netherlands is €32,839 (£28,068). Dutch buyers will benefit from €6,000 - €19,000 in tax savings over five years
• Price in Republic of Ireland is €29,995 (£25,637) after government incentives
• Price in Portugal is €29,955 (£25,603) after government incentives
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...