Nissan releases European pricing details for LEAF EV
Monday 17 May 2010
Nissan has released European pricing details for its LEAF EV, with early comparisons suggesting that it will undercut Mitsubishi's competing i-MiEV both outside and inside Japan.
The LEAF will go on sale in four initial markets in Europe - the UK, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland and Portugal.
Reservations will begin for these four launch markets in July, but the automaker says that the LEAF will be available in every major Western European country by the end of 2011.
More than 9,500 consumers have already preordered the LEAF in the United States, where reservations opened on April 20.
The LEAF is considerably cheaper than the Mitsubishi iMiev in both the UK and Japanese markets, where pricing for both cars has now been announced.
In Japan (without incentives) the Mitsubishi i-MiEV retails at 3.98 million yen (€31,250) compared to 3.76 million yen (€29,500) for the Nissan LEAF.
In Britain (without incentives), the Mitsubishi i-MiEV retails at £38,699 (€43,594) compared to £28,350 (€33,353) for the Nissan LEAF.
Nissan LEAF pricing
• Price in UK is £23,350 (€27,471) after government incentives
• Price in the Netherlands is €32,839 (£28,068). Dutch buyers will benefit from €6,000 - €19,000 in tax savings over five years
• Price in Republic of Ireland is €29,995 (£25,637) after government incentives
• Price in Portugal is €29,955 (£25,603) after government incentives
Life & Style blogs
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...