Nissan releases European pricing details for LEAF EV
Monday 17 May 2010
Nissan has released European pricing details for its LEAF EV, with early comparisons suggesting that it will undercut Mitsubishi's competing i-MiEV both outside and inside Japan.
The LEAF will go on sale in four initial markets in Europe - the UK, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland and Portugal.
Reservations will begin for these four launch markets in July, but the automaker says that the LEAF will be available in every major Western European country by the end of 2011.
More than 9,500 consumers have already preordered the LEAF in the United States, where reservations opened on April 20.
The LEAF is considerably cheaper than the Mitsubishi iMiev in both the UK and Japanese markets, where pricing for both cars has now been announced.
In Japan (without incentives) the Mitsubishi i-MiEV retails at 3.98 million yen (€31,250) compared to 3.76 million yen (€29,500) for the Nissan LEAF.
In Britain (without incentives), the Mitsubishi i-MiEV retails at £38,699 (€43,594) compared to £28,350 (€33,353) for the Nissan LEAF.
Nissan LEAF pricing
• Price in UK is £23,350 (€27,471) after government incentives
• Price in the Netherlands is €32,839 (£28,068). Dutch buyers will benefit from €6,000 - €19,000 in tax savings over five years
• Price in Republic of Ireland is €29,995 (£25,637) after government incentives
• Price in Portugal is €29,955 (£25,603) after government incentives
Life & Style blogs
Direct from the trenches: The objects that defined the First World War
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Stevia wonder: The plant that's a super sugar alternative – and free from calories and carbs
International Women's Day 2014: Google makes 80 second video of inspirational women from across the world for animated Doodle
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...