Nissan releases European pricing details for LEAF EV
Monday 17 May 2010
Nissan has released European pricing details for its LEAF EV, with early comparisons suggesting that it will undercut Mitsubishi's competing i-MiEV both outside and inside Japan.
The LEAF will go on sale in four initial markets in Europe - the UK, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland and Portugal.
Reservations will begin for these four launch markets in July, but the automaker says that the LEAF will be available in every major Western European country by the end of 2011.
More than 9,500 consumers have already preordered the LEAF in the United States, where reservations opened on April 20.
The LEAF is considerably cheaper than the Mitsubishi iMiev in both the UK and Japanese markets, where pricing for both cars has now been announced.
In Japan (without incentives) the Mitsubishi i-MiEV retails at 3.98 million yen (€31,250) compared to 3.76 million yen (€29,500) for the Nissan LEAF.
In Britain (without incentives), the Mitsubishi i-MiEV retails at £38,699 (€43,594) compared to £28,350 (€33,353) for the Nissan LEAF.
Nissan LEAF pricing
• Price in UK is £23,350 (€27,471) after government incentives
• Price in the Netherlands is €32,839 (£28,068). Dutch buyers will benefit from €6,000 - €19,000 in tax savings over five years
• Price in Republic of Ireland is €29,995 (£25,637) after government incentives
• Price in Portugal is €29,955 (£25,603) after government incentives
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Regin: Newly uncovered malicious software snooping since 2008 'was developed by a nation state'
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
Kim Kardashian recreates iconic Jean-Paul Goude naked 'Champagne Incident' photo
Henri de Toulouse Lautrec: Google celebrates 150th anniversary of French artist with Doodle
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Progressive practice, punching ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This an exciting opportunity to...
£28000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Lift Engineer is required to jo...