Peugeot Ion EV now available for pre-order
Monday 16 November 2009
On November 13 French automaker Peugeot announced that it is now accepting pre-orders for the Peugeot Ion EV.
Interested consumers can fill out a form for individual sale on the websites of Peugeot Germany, Great Britain, France, Spain and Italy. Prices and local availabilities were not announced, but the car will be on the European market at the end of 2010.
The Ion is based on the Mitsubishi i-MiEV, which has sold well in Japan despite a cost of 4.6 million yen (€34,000). The i-MiEV also provided the platform for Citroen's recently announced C-Zero, which will go on sale in late 2010, the French automaker announced November 11.
The Ion has a range of 130 kilometers (81 miles), is fully rechargeable in six hours via a 220-volt socket and 80 percent rechargeable in 30 minutes.
Peugeot has already signed letters of intent with nine European companies and governments for car-sharing projects and fleets.
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...