Suzuki recalls 430,000 vans in Japan over air-con fire risk
Thursday 25 February 2010
Suzuki Motor said on Thursday it was recalling more than 430,000 Suzuki and Mazda brand small vans in Japan to fix defective air conditioning units that could catch fire.
"We sincerely apologise to users for causing inconvenience," Suzuki said in a statement on the recall that covers 2005 to 2009 models of its "Every" van and the "Mazda Scrum", which Suzuki built for the partner company.
Suzuki said in its recall filing with the transport ministry that it had received 85 complaints, including two cases of fire, caused by the defect, which it linked to electrical damage caused by rainwater intrusion.
The recall comes at a sensitive time for Japan's auto sector as industry leader Toyota Motor is recalling more than eight million vehicles worldwide for defects linked with dozens of deaths in the United States.
Life & Style blogs
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
vary Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - AN OPENING AT A VERY HIGH Q...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Nursery Manager Long term Ran...
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£45 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Bris...