Toyota to recall Lexus vehicles
Friday 21 May 2010
Toyota has announced that it is to recall some 3,800 vehicles in the US to address a "steering condition".
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., said it would conduct a "voluntary" safety recall on Lexus LS 460 and LS 600h L vehicles in the U.S. equipped with Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS).
The models affected are from the late 2009 and certain 2010 model years.
Toyota says that the recall is to address a temporary steering wheel off-center condition that may develop under a specific driving maneuver - specifically driving away quickly from a very tight turn where the steering was at full lock position.
Reports suggest that similar recalls could take place in other countries.
No other Toyota, Lexus, or Scion vehicles are involved in the recall, Toyota said.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...