Volkswagen Golf set to be Europe's most popular car of 2009
Friday 18 December 2009
The Volkswagen Golf looks almost certain to be the most popular European car of 2009, according to new figures from analysts JATO Dynamics.
Over 48,000 VW Golfs were sold in November 2009, almost 60 percent more than November 2008. For 2009 to date, just over 534,511 VW Golfs have been sold, compared to 437,808 Ford Fiestas, the next most popular car. The Peugeot 207 takes third place, selling 339,487 models through the year.
National sales in November 2009 across Europe were overwhelming positive, with an average rise of 27.3 percent from November 2008. Eastern European territories are still showing year-on-year declines, with Latvia and Lithuania again the biggest fallers at 66.1 percent and 52.6 percent respectively. Great Britain and France showed the year-on-year highest increases, posting 57.6 percent and 48.3 percent jumps.
The Most Popular Cars in Europe for 2009
Data from JATO Dynamics, based on year-to-date sales
1. Volkswagen Golf
2. Ford Fiesta
3. Peugeot 207
4. Opel/Vauxhall Corsa
5. Renault Clio
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...