Music: Innovative Sampling
Friday 15 May 1998
Garbage have circumvented lawyers by getting personal permission to refer to Beach Boys and Pretenders songs in their new album. Brian Wilson cleared it and lead Pretender Chrissie Hynde was more than supportive. She sent a fax saying, "I, Chrissie Hynde, hereby allow the band Garbage to sample my songs, my voice, and indeed my very ass. Love, Chrissie Hynde."
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Life & Style blogs
Low-cost metal 3D printer could be the next step in home manufacturing revolution
YouTube: Top trending videos of 2013 - including Tom Daley and Peppa Pig
People who drink alcohol outlive those who abstain, study shows
Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
GTA 5 update: Content Creator released, online heists and story mode updates coming soon
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
£34999 - £44001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 Accounta...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£23500 per annum: Harrington Starr: Graduate Software Support Analyst (Compute...