Must Have/Must Do: bring back the Pogo Stick
At the risk of sounding like your irate aunty, kids really ought to forget about their Playstations for a day and heave their overweight, pallid bodies on to this playtime classic. It's not that the pogo stick is going to make anyone brighter or healthier - this simple piece of engineering was quite obviously frivolous, mindless entertainment. And that's just the point. Subjected as we are to the tyranny of tomb-raiding Lara, it's easy to forget that no one mistook the pogo stick for a way of life. It may have reigned supreme over its backyard peers, the fun-free skipping rope, the dandyish hula-hoop and the undignified space hopper, but you never found it canonised in glossy mag features. As Supergrass demonstrated perfectly in their recent video, the pogo stick is gloriously and blissfully silly ... thank God.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...