New Films: The Myth of Fingerprints (15) Directed by Bart Freundlich
Friday 28 November 1997
It takes place over Thanksgiving, which is American cinema's equivalent of hell. The grizzled father (Roy Scheider) and the jaunty mother (Blythe Danner) anticipate the coming congregation of their offspring. Naturally, there is scalding rage and guilt to go with the turkey and stuffing, but the film doesn't probe deep enough - it's all surface. It's some consolation that it has a perfect cast, including Noah Wyle from ER, and Julianne Moore, who continues to confirm that she is the greatest American actress alive today. As the brittle, repressed daughter, her personality has teeth; you enter at your own risk.
Life & Style blogs
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
vary Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - AN OPENING AT A VERY HIGH Q...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Nursery Manager Long term Ran...
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£45 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Bris...