Win a pair of flights to The Big Easy - New Orleans
Thursday 29 November 2012
New Orleans is known as The Big Easy for two reasons: it's a big place, and everyone is really easy-going.
It's one of America's most glamorous, laid-back and fun-loving cities, famous for its jazz, its shellfish and its permanent party atmosphere. Beyond that, the city is justifiably well known for the unique architecture in its renowned French Quarter - most of which was actually built under Spanish rule - and its annual Mardi Gras festivities, which many believe represent the best street parties in the world.
Now The Independent has teamed up with Travelbag.co.uk to offer our readers the chance to experience the city themselves. One lucky winner and a friend will enjoy a pair of flights to New Orleans. To enter, simply complete the form below.
Travelbag has been creating holidays for over 30 years, and has established itself as a leader in the tailor-made holiday market with a portfolio incorporating a huge range of travel options across the world.
When a customer calls or visit one of their seven shops they are assigned their own dedicated Travel Consultant who’ll take care of them before, during and after you travel. As all Travelbag travel consultants have travelled extensively across the world, they’ll be able to draw on their experiences to help create an unforgettable and unique holiday.
This competition closes on 15 January 2013. The Independent's usual terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions
- This promotion is conducted by Travelbag Limited (the promoter).
- The prize comprises of two return flights to New Orleans.
- The prize and is valid for travel between 1 Feb to 20 Jun or 11 Aug to 30 Nov 2013 subject to availability. Travel must be completed by 30 November 2013 and blackout dates must be adhered to (school holidays and peak travel dates).
- Prize winners' preferred travel dates must be requested by 20 March 2013. In the event that this period is exceeded the promoters reserve the right not to make a prize award. No air points can be redeemed or collected.
- The promoter’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is non-transferable, there is no cash alternative and no spending money is included in the prize.
- The prize is non redeemable for cash and cannot be sold or auctioned.
- This promotion is restricted to residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of Travelbag, their immediate families, or anyone professionally connected to the relevant promotion. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner and their companion to ensure they have valid passports, any necessary visa and vaccinations.
- Holiday insurance is NOT included and is highly recommended, it is the responsibility of the traveller to arrange.
- The prize does NOT include airport transfers or accommodation.
- Any amendments to, or cancellation of, the flights made by the winner after the booking is confirmed may be subject to administration charges, which will be the responsibility of the winner. Any amendments (including name changes) will be regarded as cancellations and a penalty will apply.
- Travelbag will not be held liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any suit, action, proceedings or dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter: Travelbag Limited: registered office address Glendale House, Glendale Business Park, Sandycroft, Nr Chester, CH5 2DL. Any enquiry concerning, or notices to the Promoter relating to this promotion should be sent in writing to: Travelbag Limited, 373-375 The Strand, London, WC2R 0JE.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...