POP: GIG HIGHLIGHTS
Saturday 16 May 1998
Oxford's mellow moodsters, who recently just nudged the Top 40 with their most recent single, "Solved". Their new album's pretty good too - see review, p39.
LA2, Charing Cross Road, WC2 (0171-434 0403) 20 May
SUPER FURRY ANIMALS
@ shepherd's bush empire
Welsh twisted-rock supremacists continue their ascent with a two-night stint. Watch out for new single, "Ice Hockey Hair", out on 25 May.
Shepherd's Bush Green, W12 (0181-740 7474) 20-21 May
@ the forum
American wierdoid melodicists are joined by special guests from Drugstore and The Boo Radleys.
Kentish Town Forum, Highgate Road, NW5 (0171-344 4444) 16 May
Life & Style blogs
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End UI/U...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C#.NET ...