POP: GIG HIGHLIGHTS
Saturday 16 May 1998
Oxford's mellow moodsters, who recently just nudged the Top 40 with their most recent single, "Solved". Their new album's pretty good too - see review, p39.
LA2, Charing Cross Road, WC2 (0171-434 0403) 20 May
SUPER FURRY ANIMALS
@ shepherd's bush empire
Welsh twisted-rock supremacists continue their ascent with a two-night stint. Watch out for new single, "Ice Hockey Hair", out on 25 May.
Shepherd's Bush Green, W12 (0181-740 7474) 20-21 May
@ the forum
American wierdoid melodicists are joined by special guests from Drugstore and The Boo Radleys.
Kentish Town Forum, Highgate Road, NW5 (0171-344 4444) 16 May
Life & Style blogs
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...