POP: GIG HIGHLIGHTS
Saturday 01 August 1998
Still full-steam ahead for the Criminals, who are more sophisticated in the rap-funk, smooth groove department than their lyrics.
Charing Cross Road, WC2 (0171-434 0403) 6 Aug STATE OF BENGAL @ ica Anglo-Asian techno courtesy of this lot will bring the ICA's Bombay-London four-day event, - celebrating all things Bollywood - to a close.
The Mall, SW1 (0171-930 3647) tonight ROTHKO @ the garage A contender for the most bizarre gig of the week is this band - all three members play the bass guitar. Their single, "For Danny", is worth checking out.
Highbury Corner, N5
(0171-607 1818) 5 Aug
Life & Style blogs
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...