pop: pick of the week
Friday 04 August 1995
Their abrasive swamp-rock is an acquired taste, but live they bust skulls (and that's a recommendation). If Nick Cave had come from Mile End... 7pm tonight, LA2 (0171-434 0403).
1995 T in the Park
The unmissables: Black Grape, Tricky, Kylie and The Prodigy. The unmentionables: Paul Weller and The Beautiful South. Sat/Sun Strathclyde Country Park nr Glasgow (CC lines inc 0141-556 5555; 0171-420 0000; pounds 25 day/ pounds 45 weekend).
More wet-behind-the-ears guitar pop for you to sneer at or fall in love with. 8pm Mon, Camden Dublin Castle (0171-485 1773).
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 3 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
- 4 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
- 5 Barack Obama fist bumps Texas restaurant employee in support of gay rights
£30000 - £45000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based i...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + bens: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Our c...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + bens: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Messa...
Not Specified: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's most progressive and innova...