G-Shock, the toughest watch on the streets, has launched itself into the world of two wheels by producing limited edition scooters. Now you have the chance to own one of ten scooters and a pair of G-Shock watches, only in The Independent and Independent on Sunday.
These exclusive 50cc bikes, produced by Adly UK, will retail at over pounds 1,800. They feature twin headlights, front disc brake, electric starter and they can be ridden by anyone over 17 holding a full UK driving licence. These scooters reflect the tough, functional and individual image of the already established G-Shock watch - a unique collection of innovative timepieces that have literally changed the very concept of the wristwatch. Each winner will also receive a G-Shock and Baby-G watch, as shown.
HOW TO ENTER
To have the chance to win one of these superb scooters and a pair of watches, simply collect four differently numbered tokens from The Independent and Independent on Sunday (these will be published every day until Monday 6th October). From Tuesday 30th September we will publish an application form - simply attach your tokens and send to the address shown. The closing date for receipt of entries is October 20th 1997 and the winners will be contacted by November 3rd 1997.
In 1983 the first G-Shock watch was launched in Japan. It's name originates from the fact that the engineers' design prototype represented a victory over gravity - when the watch hits the ground.
By 1988 G-Shock was booming in Japan. In 1997, G-Shock mania continues to escalate in the UK with limited edition watches quickly becoming collectors items.
Terms and Conditions
1. This offer is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over.
2. To qualify for the prize draw, readers must collect 4 differently numbered tokens published in The Independent and Independent on Sunday between 27th September and 6th October and attach them to a completed application form . Photocopies of tokens or application forms will not be accepted.
3. Tokens and completed application forms must be received at The Independent offices no later than 20th October 1997. The 10 winning entries will be drawn at random after the close date, and the winners will be contacted by 3rd November 1997. The editor's decision is final.
4. No purchase is necessary for entry to the prize draw. For each token or application form required send a separate SAE to Independent Customers Services, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AP.
5. Each of the ten prize winners will receive a
G-Shock Scooter, including delivery to mainland UK, a Casio G-Shock watch model DW003V/9V and a Casio Baby-G watch, model BG210/7. Delivery of prizes will be within 28 days of winners being notified. It is the responsibility of the prize winners to arrange their own tax and insurance.
6. Normal Newspaper Publishing PLC competition rules apply. These can be obtained from The Independent offices.
7. The promoter is Newspaper Publishing PLC, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AP.Reuse content