Property: Three to view - church conversions

Click to follow
Indy Lifestyle Online
Church House at Halton Gill, 18 miles from Skipton in North Yorkshire, is a Grade II listed converted chapel, built in 1626 as a church and schoolhouse. The chapel was partly rebuilt in 1848. The stone-built two-bedroom house comprises a 15ft Methodist chapel with a cottage on each side. All three were converted into a single home in 1974.

Strutt & Parker are asking for offers above pounds 125,000 (01756 799993).

Nutbourne Methodist Chapel, five miles from Chichester, is a former chapel now awaiting conversion into a home, subject to planning permission. The brick-and-flint building has a 17ft vestibule, a 36ft chapel, a vestry and a 12ft kitchen. It will be sold by the Methodist Church subject to certain covenants. Agents Henry Adams & Partners report that the asking price is pounds 80,000 (01243 533377).

Church House in Hepworth, Suffolk, was formerly a Methodist chapel with a cottage on each side. All three were converted into a single home in 1974. The fittings include pine linenfold-panelled doors and a wrought- iron staircase in the double-height drawing-room. The house has four bedrooms and a box room, and the gardens back on to farmland. Agents Bedfords are asking pounds 145,000 (01284 769999).

Comments