Put your feet up and watch these crackers at Christmas
Thursday 29 November 2012
It's almost time for the holidays - when all you want to do it veg out, recover from all the Christmas parties and spend some quality time with the family. Watching films together is a timeless tradition and it's easy to make sure your lounge is movie ready by having a pre-spring clean, investing in some cosy cushions and blankets and stocking up on the snacks.
Once your lounge is ready for you to recline in comfort you need to invest in all the fantastic films you'll want to watch over the festive period before they fly off the shelves. There are some great new releases and loads of Christmas classics you won't want to miss so combine the two to ensure fun for all the family:
- Ted – One for the family with older kids. Mark Wahlberg struggles as his cringe-worthy childhood teddy gets him in a few sticky spots. Not one to watch with Nana.
- The Amazing Spider Man – Full of action and adventure that's sure to appeal to everyone! Andrew Garfield and Rhys Ifans bring a bit of British style to the Spiderman series. This is one to watch when you've had so much turkey you can no longer move.
- The Dark Knight Rises – One for the boys. Christopher Nolan's amazing finale to the Batman trilogy ends in spectacular style. Switch off the lights, get out the popcorn and pretend you're back at the cinema!
- Magic Mike – One for the girls. Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum star as sexy male strippers. Send the men to do the Christmas shopping and break out the mulled wine.
- The Nightmare before Christmas - a kooky Christmas classic from Tim Burton, Jack Skellington, the king of Halloween hijacks Christmas with disastrous consequences. A quirky hit that kids will love.
- Elf – Will Ferrell plays Buddy, who blusters around New York looking for his biological father after learning he isn't actually one of Santa's elves. Expect plenty of laughs.
- Santa Claus - An 80's cult classic. Dudley Moore plays Patch, Santa's chief toymaker who decides to give the Christmas game a go on his own. A feel-good favourite from start to finish!
With all these and more on offer over the Christmas period, it'll be a struggle to drag yourself off the sofa and get the Christmas shopping done! But if your couch is a bit past it, investing in one of the latest leather sofas by CSL or a pretty patterned model from their fabric and leather sofa ranges couldn't be easier. With so many models online you needn't even leave the house when on the hunt for your perfect sofa!
Please visit the CSL site
Life & Style blogs
How to carve a pumpkin for Halloween with this tutorial
Five year old British boy becomes youngest ever qualified computer specialist
Sex with more than 20 women 'reduces risk of prostate cancer'
Woman successfully sues Google for showing her with 'part of her breast exposed' on Street View
Halloween 2014: Google celebrates All Hallows' Eve with Doodle
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
vary Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - AN OPENING AT A VERY HIGH Q...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Nursery Manager Long term Ran...
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£45 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Bris...