Put your feet up and watch these crackers at Christmas
Thursday 29 November 2012
It's almost time for the holidays - when all you want to do it veg out, recover from all the Christmas parties and spend some quality time with the family. Watching films together is a timeless tradition and it's easy to make sure your lounge is movie ready by having a pre-spring clean, investing in some cosy cushions and blankets and stocking up on the snacks.
Once your lounge is ready for you to recline in comfort you need to invest in all the fantastic films you'll want to watch over the festive period before they fly off the shelves. There are some great new releases and loads of Christmas classics you won't want to miss so combine the two to ensure fun for all the family:
- Ted – One for the family with older kids. Mark Wahlberg struggles as his cringe-worthy childhood teddy gets him in a few sticky spots. Not one to watch with Nana.
- The Amazing Spider Man – Full of action and adventure that's sure to appeal to everyone! Andrew Garfield and Rhys Ifans bring a bit of British style to the Spiderman series. This is one to watch when you've had so much turkey you can no longer move.
- The Dark Knight Rises – One for the boys. Christopher Nolan's amazing finale to the Batman trilogy ends in spectacular style. Switch off the lights, get out the popcorn and pretend you're back at the cinema!
- Magic Mike – One for the girls. Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum star as sexy male strippers. Send the men to do the Christmas shopping and break out the mulled wine.
- The Nightmare before Christmas - a kooky Christmas classic from Tim Burton, Jack Skellington, the king of Halloween hijacks Christmas with disastrous consequences. A quirky hit that kids will love.
- Elf – Will Ferrell plays Buddy, who blusters around New York looking for his biological father after learning he isn't actually one of Santa's elves. Expect plenty of laughs.
- Santa Claus - An 80's cult classic. Dudley Moore plays Patch, Santa's chief toymaker who decides to give the Christmas game a go on his own. A feel-good favourite from start to finish!
With all these and more on offer over the Christmas period, it'll be a struggle to drag yourself off the sofa and get the Christmas shopping done! But if your couch is a bit past it, investing in one of the latest leather sofas by CSL or a pretty patterned model from their fabric and leather sofa ranges couldn't be easier. With so many models online you needn't even leave the house when on the hunt for your perfect sofa!
Please visit the CSL site
Life & Style blogs
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
KickAssTorrents down: biggest file-sharing site moves to .cr domain after takedowns
Gisele Bundchen celebrates 20-year catwalk career with naked Vogue cover
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
Protein World 'Beach body ready' advert: Mass demonstration in Hyde Park planned against 'body-shaming' weight loss advertisements
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
EU exit would hit UK economy much harder than neighbouring countries, study finds
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Phantom of the Opera writer mocked after issuing a warning about Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon
General election 2015: Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
- 1 Avengers: Age of Ultron: Nearly 700 German cinemas refuse to show movie
- 2 Man cooked alive with 12,000 pounds of tuna
- 3 X Factor in crisis as numbers of people auditioning plummets
- 4 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
- 5 Baltimore riots: Furious mother marches her son home live on TV
£23000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This firm of accountants based ...
£30000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are a financial services c...
£30000 - £32000 per annum + car allowance and on call: Ashdown Group: A succes...
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Well established small company ...