Put your feet up and watch these crackers at Christmas
Thursday 29 November 2012
It's almost time for the holidays - when all you want to do it veg out, recover from all the Christmas parties and spend some quality time with the family. Watching films together is a timeless tradition and it's easy to make sure your lounge is movie ready by having a pre-spring clean, investing in some cosy cushions and blankets and stocking up on the snacks.
Once your lounge is ready for you to recline in comfort you need to invest in all the fantastic films you'll want to watch over the festive period before they fly off the shelves. There are some great new releases and loads of Christmas classics you won't want to miss so combine the two to ensure fun for all the family:
- Ted – One for the family with older kids. Mark Wahlberg struggles as his cringe-worthy childhood teddy gets him in a few sticky spots. Not one to watch with Nana.
- The Amazing Spider Man – Full of action and adventure that's sure to appeal to everyone! Andrew Garfield and Rhys Ifans bring a bit of British style to the Spiderman series. This is one to watch when you've had so much turkey you can no longer move.
- The Dark Knight Rises – One for the boys. Christopher Nolan's amazing finale to the Batman trilogy ends in spectacular style. Switch off the lights, get out the popcorn and pretend you're back at the cinema!
- Magic Mike – One for the girls. Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum star as sexy male strippers. Send the men to do the Christmas shopping and break out the mulled wine.
- The Nightmare before Christmas - a kooky Christmas classic from Tim Burton, Jack Skellington, the king of Halloween hijacks Christmas with disastrous consequences. A quirky hit that kids will love.
- Elf – Will Ferrell plays Buddy, who blusters around New York looking for his biological father after learning he isn't actually one of Santa's elves. Expect plenty of laughs.
- Santa Claus - An 80's cult classic. Dudley Moore plays Patch, Santa's chief toymaker who decides to give the Christmas game a go on his own. A feel-good favourite from start to finish!
With all these and more on offer over the Christmas period, it'll be a struggle to drag yourself off the sofa and get the Christmas shopping done! But if your couch is a bit past it, investing in one of the latest leather sofas by CSL or a pretty patterned model from their fabric and leather sofa ranges couldn't be easier. With so many models online you needn't even leave the house when on the hunt for your perfect sofa!
Please visit the CSL site
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
The 10 Best food processors
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Top 10 travel destinations for 2015: From Haiti and Alaska to Namibia and Iceland
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
Not specified: Selby Jennings: VP/SVP Credit Quant Top tier investment bank i...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...