Quiz Of The Week
Sunday 17 January 1999
1. Why will smokers who work for Thurrock Borough Council be getting home later?
2. Who have controversially started the new year, and every month this year, with a bang?
3. How can humble humans lick computers in the new millennium for 63p?
4. How did $3m fall into Philip Ozersky's hands?
5. Why did Disney have to rescue the Rescuers?
6. Whom do 966 Sun readers say they would sleep with?
7. Why is Philippe the frog luckier than Freddie the frog?
8.What do Dominic Lawson, Unscom and furbies have in common?
9. Which US sportsman retired on a score of 25,000?
10. Which city is the most expensive in the world, according to the Economic Intelligence Unit ?
Answers at foot of page
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK
PICTURE QUESTION: Jerry Hall, who has filed for divorce from Mick Jagger. 1. Because they've been ordered to work an extra 30 minutes each day to make up for smoking breaks. 2. The IRA, in the Republican Resistance Calendar 1999, featuring masked men with rifles. 3. On special millennium stamps. 4. He caught the baseball hit by Mark McGwire for his record-breaking home run. It was auctioned for $3m. 5. All 3.4 million Rescuers videos had to be recalled because a topless woman was in the cartoon. 6. Foreign Secretary Robin Cook, according to a survey. 7. While Freddie, the last known pool frog in Britain died, the Royal Academy hopes to sell thousands of Philippes, a spin-off of their forthcoming Monet show. 8. All have been suspected of spying. 9. Basketball legend Michael Jordan, who scored 25,000 points. 10. Tokyo.
Life & Style blogs
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Google Plus might be dead, as ‘Streams’ and ‘Photos’ take its place
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge launch and review: wireless charging and new case see Samsung ready to take on Apple's iPhone
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...
£45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: PeopleSoft Application Support & Development ...
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior PHP Developer - Milton Keynes...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This UK based B2C and B2B multi...