Quiz Of The Week
Sunday 17 January 1999
1. Why will smokers who work for Thurrock Borough Council be getting home later?
2. Who have controversially started the new year, and every month this year, with a bang?
3. How can humble humans lick computers in the new millennium for 63p?
4. How did $3m fall into Philip Ozersky's hands?
5. Why did Disney have to rescue the Rescuers?
6. Whom do 966 Sun readers say they would sleep with?
7. Why is Philippe the frog luckier than Freddie the frog?
8.What do Dominic Lawson, Unscom and furbies have in common?
9. Which US sportsman retired on a score of 25,000?
10. Which city is the most expensive in the world, according to the Economic Intelligence Unit ?
Answers at foot of page
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK
PICTURE QUESTION: Jerry Hall, who has filed for divorce from Mick Jagger. 1. Because they've been ordered to work an extra 30 minutes each day to make up for smoking breaks. 2. The IRA, in the Republican Resistance Calendar 1999, featuring masked men with rifles. 3. On special millennium stamps. 4. He caught the baseball hit by Mark McGwire for his record-breaking home run. It was auctioned for $3m. 5. All 3.4 million Rescuers videos had to be recalled because a topless woman was in the cartoon. 6. Foreign Secretary Robin Cook, according to a survey. 7. While Freddie, the last known pool frog in Britain died, the Royal Academy hopes to sell thousands of Philippes, a spin-off of their forthcoming Monet show. 8. All have been suspected of spying. 9. Basketball legend Michael Jordan, who scored 25,000 points. 10. Tokyo.
Life & Style blogs
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...
£27000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client who are...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Huxley Associates are currentl...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Computer Futures are currently...