Quiz Of The Week
Sunday 17 January 1999
1. Why will smokers who work for Thurrock Borough Council be getting home later?
2. Who have controversially started the new year, and every month this year, with a bang?
3. How can humble humans lick computers in the new millennium for 63p?
4. How did $3m fall into Philip Ozersky's hands?
5. Why did Disney have to rescue the Rescuers?
6. Whom do 966 Sun readers say they would sleep with?
7. Why is Philippe the frog luckier than Freddie the frog?
8.What do Dominic Lawson, Unscom and furbies have in common?
9. Which US sportsman retired on a score of 25,000?
10. Which city is the most expensive in the world, according to the Economic Intelligence Unit ?
Answers at foot of page
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK
PICTURE QUESTION: Jerry Hall, who has filed for divorce from Mick Jagger. 1. Because they've been ordered to work an extra 30 minutes each day to make up for smoking breaks. 2. The IRA, in the Republican Resistance Calendar 1999, featuring masked men with rifles. 3. On special millennium stamps. 4. He caught the baseball hit by Mark McGwire for his record-breaking home run. It was auctioned for $3m. 5. All 3.4 million Rescuers videos had to be recalled because a topless woman was in the cartoon. 6. Foreign Secretary Robin Cook, according to a survey. 7. While Freddie, the last known pool frog in Britain died, the Royal Academy hopes to sell thousands of Philippes, a spin-off of their forthcoming Monet show. 8. All have been suspected of spying. 9. Basketball legend Michael Jordan, who scored 25,000 points. 10. Tokyo.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Life & Style blogs
Hipster hate is everywhere - but is there a little bit of them in all of us?
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 3 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence referendum: JK Rowling, Russell Brand, Nigel Farage and more react to the 'No' vote
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£27000 - £31000 Per Annum Excellent Benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...