QUOTES OF THE WEEK
Sunday 27 September 1998
Picture question: They bred a flightless variety, in the hope that they would eat more crop-damaging aphids.
1. She will be in a play about human rights, as part of British Law Week, to coincide with Tony Blair's visit. 2. Former air stewardess Lucy Fensom flew the donkey from Israel to an animal sanctuary, after discovering him "bedraggled" outside Jerusalem. 3. Millennium Dome bosses, who are to conduct an opinion poll on how to fill the British zone. 4. A planet, 154 light years away, which was discovered by Drs Geoff Marcy and Paul Butler, and Kevin Apps, a 25-year-old student. 5. President Vaclav Havel, the Czech leader, suggested in a broadcast that Ms Albright, the daughter of a Czech diplomat, could be his successor. 6. Judge James Pickles, responding to a note written by the writer Willie Donaldson under the pseudonym, Liz Reed. 7. Mike Golding, who crewed the winning yacht in 1997's BT Global Challenge, is to sail around the world alone. 8. His advisers have told him to say "sorry" for the Crusades of the 11th-century. 9. The Queen. 10. He and Piglet - cut-out mascots by E H Shepard - were kept in the cockpit by a pilot during the Battle of Britain.
Britain First criticised for using actress's memory to draw attention to their 'hate-filled home page'
Emergency call 'started off dumb, but got pretty serious'
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Virus to kill 67,000 in Monrovia by December, claims academic study
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
Ebola: NYC doctor Craig Spencer tests positive for disease after returning from west Africa
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
Controversy over Queen Elizabeth II's 'first tweet'
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£47,334 - £59,058 per annum: Coventry University: The Centre for Agroecology, ...