QUOTES OF THE WEEK
Sunday 27 September 1998
Picture question: They bred a flightless variety, in the hope that they would eat more crop-damaging aphids.
1. She will be in a play about human rights, as part of British Law Week, to coincide with Tony Blair's visit. 2. Former air stewardess Lucy Fensom flew the donkey from Israel to an animal sanctuary, after discovering him "bedraggled" outside Jerusalem. 3. Millennium Dome bosses, who are to conduct an opinion poll on how to fill the British zone. 4. A planet, 154 light years away, which was discovered by Drs Geoff Marcy and Paul Butler, and Kevin Apps, a 25-year-old student. 5. President Vaclav Havel, the Czech leader, suggested in a broadcast that Ms Albright, the daughter of a Czech diplomat, could be his successor. 6. Judge James Pickles, responding to a note written by the writer Willie Donaldson under the pseudonym, Liz Reed. 7. Mike Golding, who crewed the winning yacht in 1997's BT Global Challenge, is to sail around the world alone. 8. His advisers have told him to say "sorry" for the Crusades of the 11th-century. 9. The Queen. 10. He and Piglet - cut-out mascots by E H Shepard - were kept in the cockpit by a pilot during the Battle of Britain.
Life & Style blogs
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £40000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: .Mid Level V...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Competitive Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Dig...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Car, Medical, Fuel + More!: Progressive Recruitmen...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits: Progressive Recruitment: An absolutely o...