QUOTES OF THE WEEK
Sunday 27 September 1998
Picture question: They bred a flightless variety, in the hope that they would eat more crop-damaging aphids.
1. She will be in a play about human rights, as part of British Law Week, to coincide with Tony Blair's visit. 2. Former air stewardess Lucy Fensom flew the donkey from Israel to an animal sanctuary, after discovering him "bedraggled" outside Jerusalem. 3. Millennium Dome bosses, who are to conduct an opinion poll on how to fill the British zone. 4. A planet, 154 light years away, which was discovered by Drs Geoff Marcy and Paul Butler, and Kevin Apps, a 25-year-old student. 5. President Vaclav Havel, the Czech leader, suggested in a broadcast that Ms Albright, the daughter of a Czech diplomat, could be his successor. 6. Judge James Pickles, responding to a note written by the writer Willie Donaldson under the pseudonym, Liz Reed. 7. Mike Golding, who crewed the winning yacht in 1997's BT Global Challenge, is to sail around the world alone. 8. His advisers have told him to say "sorry" for the Crusades of the 11th-century. 9. The Queen. 10. He and Piglet - cut-out mascots by E H Shepard - were kept in the cockpit by a pilot during the Battle of Britain.
Actress sees off speculation about her appearance in an amazing way
Review: Despite an uphill climb to see Jake Bugg in action, his performance is notably flat
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 'catches on fire and burns man's leg after bending in his pocket'
The hoverboard is real, and it could give rise to hoverhouses
Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
Lynda Bellingham dead: Bowel cancer - what is it and what are the symptoms?
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 3 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 4 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
£24000 - £28000 per annum + bonus & benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Business Syste...
£26000 per annum + 25 days holiday & further benefits: Ashdown Group: Telecomm...
£100 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: We are seeking a confident...
£30000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Data Analyst - Lon...