REAL HOMES: THE ANSWER TO YOUR PRAYERS
Sunday 18 April 1999
! Before buying a chapel which you would like to convert, ask the council what kind of planning permission they will grant you. For example, some councils won't allow you to park a car outside or install certain types of windows.
! A chapel building may look like a bargain but be careful when estimating the costs of renovation. Set in remote areas, many have rudimentary electricity and plumbing and, in some cases, no water supply or toilet. Installing these may considerably bump up the costs.
! Keep costs down by preserving the chapel's original simplicity. Plain, big furniture suits its style and large proportions best.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
up to £32,000 with an OTE of £50,000: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green...
£30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitment Company...
£16 - £18 per hour: Morgan Hunt: The successful candidate will be a time serve...
£40000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitment Company...