Shoe trek; Lunch break buy What's in the bag?
Wednesday 18 February 1998
Location: Frontier Shoes, Neal St, Covent Garden, 13.30pm
Crime: Buying a pair of Adidas cross-trainers, for pounds 90
"I am going on holiday to Cape Town to visit some friends with my boyfriend. I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to go trekking up a mountain or two. I've never been there before and it's supposed to be fabulous - I'm going for a month but don't expect that I'll ever want to come back to England!
"I wear trainers all the time and desperately needed to treat myself to a new pair. Trainers are my essential buy, my only tip is to always - without fail - wear socks to avoid embarrassing situations."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...