Saturday 13 February 1999
But what to get? Shopping experts from Tatler and Harrods have joined forces this year to offer succour at the Harrods Valentine Help Desk. Open from 10am-6pm, and located in the fine jewellery department on the ground floor, the Help Desk team will do their dammdest to suggest the perfect gift within your budget, however tricky your Valentine. They'll even feed you chocolates while they quiz you as to your sweetheart's desire.
Their aim is to give you lots of original and innovative shopping advice. They won't just suggest champagne and flowers: they'll recommend the trendiest brands and the hippest flowers, or hot pink Prada lingerie, pure white linen sheets, or dinner for two delivered directly to your door.
You can phone the help desk (0171-730 1234) but unless you order something wildly extravagant - a grand piano, for instance - they won't be able to deliver in time for the big day.
Life & Style blogs
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior QA Engineer (Agil...
£26000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Executive (SEO, PP...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our retail client ...
£400 - £450 Per Annum possibly more for the right candidate: Clearwater People...