Star Wars: the bottom line
Thursday 13 February 1997
Star Wars' budget: $10m
Worldwide take on first Star Wars trilogy: pounds 1.33bn
Merchandising sales since 1977: $4bn (eg: full-size Darth Vader mannequin at $5,000)
Sales of Star Wars videos, 1995: 30 million units
Fox's outlay on prints and promotion for re-release: $40m
Pepsi's commitment to promote the Star Wars canon: $2bn
Director George Lucas's personal worth: $2bn
And the 56th richest man in America is? George Lucas
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Life & Style blogs
Autumn Statement 2013: Car tax disc scrapped after 93 years
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
The 50 Best Christmas Gifts for Women
Flock star: A shepherd in the Lake District now has almost 20,000 Twitter followers
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Hate With Friends: Now you can find out who your Facebook frenemies are
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Europ...
£12 - £14 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Morgan Hunt is working in partnership with o...
£69000 - £75000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Employment Lawyer 1-3 years ...