Take That tickets pushed ticketmaster.co.uk into the top ten for the first time in the history of the "Hot Shops" list.
On November 23 market analyst group Experian Hitwise released its Hot Shop lists for the previous quarter of 2010, ranking UK internet retail sites by visits and consumer demand. This time for the first time in the history of the list ticketmaster.co.uk was included in the top ten.
Hitwise attributed the meteoric rise in the popularity of Ticketmaster to the upcoming tour by popular British boy band of the 1990's Take That. Take That had an illustrious career before disbanding in 1995 shortly after member Robbie Williams left to pursue a solo career. The band then reformed in 2005 and is expected to be reunited with Robbie Williams on an upcoming 2011 European tour.
The band will be playing a series of concerts throughout the UK and at select venues in Germany, Holland, Denmark and Italy.
Ticketmaster has regional subsidiaries spread throughout the United States, Europe and Oceania. A full list of Ticketmaster international sites can be found at: http://www.ticketmaster.com/international. Other international ticket sites include http://www.worldticketshop.com/ and http://www.ticketindex.net. The full Hot Shops list is not yet available for members of the public to download.
The top ten on the Hitwise Hot Shops List published November 23, 2010, are:
1. Amazon UK -
2. Argos - www.argos.co.uk (house hold and electronics)
3. Play.com - www.play.com (video games and DVDs)
4. Tesco - www.tesco.com (supermarket)
5. Next - www.next.co.uk (fashion )
6. Your M&S (Mark's and Spencer) www.marksandspencer.com
7. Amazon.com - www.amazon.com
8. Apple - www.apple.com
9. John Lewis - www.johnlewis.com (household supplies /design)
10. Ticketmaster - www.ticketmaster.co.uk