1. How did the waves lose their ruler?
2. Where did the Eagles land on top by way of California?
3. Seven goes into 10 - but on this occasion not without some difficulty. Why?
4. Where was a short stay long enough for some hot camera work?
5. ... and how did it become even hotter later in the week, turning short stays into long stays?
6. How have Rory Bremner, Nick Park, Loyd Grossman and Katherine Hammett gained acceptance?
7. How did Sheffield police help themselves to 34 jumpers after a promise of Christmas gifts?
8. How did "Around the World in 80 Days" (more or less) turn into "Gone With the Wind"?
9. What feat did Englishman John Searson take 59 days and 12 hours to achieve?
10. Why was the First too noisy for the Fifth in New York?
11. Whose work could be said to have a spot valuation of pounds 435?
12. Where was 5.2 less than 15 but better than nothing?
ANSWERS TO QUIZ OF THE WEEK
Picture Answer: 2,112 (full marks if you're within 10 per cent).
1. The Royal Yacht Britannia has been decommissioned. 2. The guitar solo in the Eagles' recording of Hotel California was voted greatest of all time by readers of Guitarist magazine. 3. Seven Sinn Fein representatives visited Downing Street. 4. A man and woman were accused of making a pornographic video in the short-term car park at Heathrow. 5. A fire at Heathrow led to delays. 6. They all appear for the first time in the new Who's Who. 7. They delivered letters to homes of criminals who had jumped bail, telling them to be home on a particular date in order to sign for gifts delivered by post. 8. Richard Branson's balloon blew away. 9. Rowed across the Atlantic for a new record east-west crossing. 10. First Lady Hillary Clinton was asked to leave the University Club, just off Fifth Avenue, for making too much noise. 11. A painting by Damien Hirst consisting of 100 spots of paint was sold for pounds 43,500 at Christies. 12. In Kyoto, where an agreement to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 5.2 per cent fell short of the original European plea for a 15 per cent reduction.Reuse content