The Knack: How to eat spaghetti, by Stefano Fraquelli
Saturday 16 May 1998
The ultimate challenge is to eat spaghetti so skilfully that one can engage in conversation at the same time, meanwhile absorbing all remaining sauce with the last mouthful, leaving the plate clean - the only way guests can show real appreciation to their hosts." Fiona McClymont
Stefano Fraquelli is the co-proprietor of Spaghetti House, the London group of Italian restaurants which brought spaghetti al dente to London 45 years ago. Ring 0171-637 9941 for your nearest branch.
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
http://www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk/" width="88" height="52" />Black Friday: The best beauty deals
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£13500 - £14500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting new opportunity has...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + OTE £70,000 + car + pension: h2 Recruit Ltd: A wel...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion the Largest Independent Motor...