The knack How to get an upgrade
Saturday 09 January 1999
If you're an infrequent traveller, you're of little worth to the airline, so it's unlikely you'll be upgraded. On any flight there's bound to be business people who've paid a higher fare or who've got an airline-loyalty card, and they will be prioritised. There is always a slim chance the airline has overbooked in the back of the plane and they want to push people up to the front. So ask at check-in, although you'll probably be rebuffed. If they do have to upgrade people from economy, they're going to choose the people who will blend in best with those who've paid the higher fares."
Interview by Fiona McClymont
Alex McWhirter is technical editor of `Business Traveller Magazine'
Life & Style blogs
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
vary Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - AN OPENING AT A VERY HIGH Q...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Nursery Manager Long term Ran...
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£45 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Bris...