Tuesday 27 January 1998
Crash (9pm C4) The last programme in this series looks at the work of car- crash investigators, and visits one of the most dangerous roads in the world - the N125 across the Algarve in Portugal. You are seven times more likely to lose your life here than on any British road, especially in the peak summer-holiday period. As little as 30 years ago, no one investigated automobile accidents. Now it is an established forensic science, with skid marks on the road acting as finger prints. And the N125 is their ultimate car-crash laboratory.
I Married a Monster from Outer Space (12.10am C4) This is the one where all-American 1950s housewife Gloria Talbott starts getting suspicious about husband Tom Tryon, follows him out one night, and watches him metamorphose into an alien. Well, at least he's not having an affair. Another great title from the director of I Was a Teenage Werewolf, and this 1958 Invasion of the Body Snatchers hybrid has a dedicated cult following among lovers of cheapo Cold War sci-fi.
Life & Style blogs
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Office Administrator is requ...
£12000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion and growth of ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Senior PHP Developer position with a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Operations Leader is required to join a lea...