Top ten Specialist Mail Order
Friday 22 August 1997
2. Oxendales specialise in making clothes for people 5ft 2ins and under. They concentrate on producing high-quality and high-fashion merchandise available in varying lengths. Inquiries: 0800 262 717 (quoting OXO 2490).
3. Designers Direct are a mail-order company on the Internet. They specialise in US designers like Polo Ralph Lauren, CK Jeans, Tommy Hilfiger. Prices are considerably cheaper, CK jeans are $46, plus shipping of $16. The ranges are very basic jeans lines but definitely worth a surf. Inquiries: www.directdesigners.com
4. Blooming Marvellous is a small catalogue that was founded by two mothers who felt there was a poor selection of maternity and nursery products on the market. Their aim was to offer a broad range of goods, along with sufficient product knowledge. They have created a much-needed informative catalogue. Inquiries: 0181-391 0338.
5. Exotica Knickers from Brazil. If your knickers have to come from Brazil, this is the company for you. They produce a four-page brochure with multi-coloured lacies. Prices from pounds 14.95. Inquiries: 0171- 835 0669.
6. Birkenstock, the makers of funny slip-on sandals and shoes that converts cannot live without, now produce a little catalogue so that people in the Outer Hebrides can wear Birkies too. Inquiries: 0800 132 194.
7. Loud and Clear are a crazy company which first caught my eye by stuffing hundreds of pastel-coloured teddy-bears into an inflatable cushion. If this sounds like your idea of the perfect gift, you'll love the vacuum- packed double-ended lollies. Inquiries: 0171-247 4232.
8. Beauty Quest is a new mail-order magazine. It is edited by some of the best hair and make-up artists around, so the selection of products is certain to be top notch. You can buy Aveda hair care, Ruby Hammer professional make-up brushes and other beauty basics. Inquiries: 0541-505 000.
9. Johnnie Loves Rosie are still a favourite even though autumn/ winter trends do not look as if they will accommodate the much-loved Rose hair- slides. New oriental hair-sticks are bound to take their place on the best-dressed heads in town. Inquiries 0171-247 1496.
10. Peruvian Connection are an upmarket American mail-order company which offers the best quality alpaca knitwear for men and women. Each piece is hand-crafted in the Andes. Also included in the range are jewellery, scarves and hats. Inquiries: 0800 550 000
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
- 4 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...